Waves version 10 release announced by Waves Audio. This is a great news for all Waves users, which constitute about sixty five percent of all pro audio heads. That’s how much coverage they have in the industry. What is really new in this major update to Waves V10? Here is the press release as culled from their page:
“In celebration of Waves’ 25th anniversary, we are pleased to announce a new version of Waves plugins, Waves V10. Update to V10 to future-proof your sessions, ensure continued compatibility, enjoy plugin updates and full technical support, and get new plugins added to premium bundles.”
Future-Proof Your Sessions
This year at Waves, we celebrate not only 25 years of plugin innovation, but also 25 years of constant plugin updates and maintenance. We are dedicated to ensuring that the plugins you purchased 5, 10, 15 or 25 years ago remain compatible with all major DAWs and operating systems, and that the plugins you purchase today will remain compatible in the 5, 10, 15 and 25 years to come.
To achieve this, we devote great efforts and resources to constant updates, development and meticulous quality assurance of our plugins’ compatibility with operating system updates, DAW updates, and new DAWs. The Waves V10 update provides you with the last six years’ worth of such efforts, since our last major update to Waves v9. When you update to Waves V10 plugins, you also future-proof your sessions by ensuring that you will continue to enjoy ongoing updates moving forward.
What You Get in V10
When you update now to V10, you get;
Waves plugins added free of charge to Waves bundles covered under the Waves Update Plan:
- Electric Grand 80 Piano added to the Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Horizon, Broadcast & Production, Broadcast and Surround Suite, Sound Design Suite, and Mercury bundles.
- Eddie Kramer Drum Channel added to the Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Horizon, Broadcast & Production, Broadcast and Surround Suite, and Sound Design Suite bundles.
- Access to all plugin updates since the last major update to v9
- Access to future plugin updates when covered under the Waves Update Plan
- Bug fixes and plugin improvements: see the full list on their Release Notes page